This is a real, fully documented CLK BRABUS 6.1 ~ One of only two in the USA and will soon be auctioned off on Bring a Trailer.
Walk around video here:
Short launch clip here:
Two owner vehicle, both of them hard-core Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts.
Complete ownership and maintenance history back to pre-delivery inspection (December 19th of 2002) at Mercedes-Benz of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Records show an "open wallet" maintenance program per manufacturer recommendations, which was exclusively performed by Mercedes-Benz.
THE STORY BEHIND THIS CAR:
Under Mercedes-Benz Order No. 0370417024, this vehicle was born as a CLK55 AMG and it is believed to be the first of only two CLK55 AMGs ever transformed into the mega-rare BRABUS CLK 6.1.
(German renowned tuner BRABUS used mostly CLK500s for their already rare CLK 6.1 project. It is believed, however, that only two CLK 6.1s were based on a CLK55 AMG like the one you see here; reportedly, due to the costs involved. In return, this specific CLK 6.1 benefitted from AMG's beefier brakes, transmission, and differential in addition to AMG's premium interior.)
Built in November 26th of 2002, this car entered the USA thru the port of Jacksonville, FL and assigned to Mercedes-Benz of Fort Lauderdale. That dealership completed a pre-delivery inspection on December 19th of 2002 in preparation for its first owner, who took possesion of the car in January of 2003.
Shortly afterwards, this AMG would be shipped to the BRABUS offices in Newport Beach, California where it would undergo a massive transformation, which would turn it into what it is today.
With all components shipped from BRABUS' headquarters in Germany, roughly $50,000 were spent with the German tuner, this is in addition to the original MSRP of $68,750.00 (actual invoice of $63,938.00) of a brand new AMG in 2003. 16 years later, this CLK 6.1 still murders every other "sports" car out on the street.
Here is the list of upgrades performed by BRABUS (Documentation available to serious buyers):
- BRABUS bored and stroked 6.1L V-8, in lieu of AMG's 5.5L V-8.
- BRABUS full exhaust system.
- BRABUS ECU programming (Unlike the AMG models, this car starts in Sport mode, for example. You can also turn traction off; and I mean...COMPLETELY OFF)
- BRABUS sport suspension on all corners.
- BRABUS monoblocks.
- BRABUS front and rear bumpers.
- BRABUS sideskirts.
- BRABUS alcantara gear shifter, thicker steering wheel, front-rear-trunk floor mats, brushed aluminum pedals and door lock pins.
A 4" binder is included and logs every service performed since new; always at a Mercedes-Benz dealership.
Additionally, the following maintenance was performed within the past 50 miles to make sure that this rare car looks and drives the way AMG and BRABUS intended:
- Fresh oil and filters.
- OEM brake pads.
- OEM valve cover gasket.
- OEM front bushings and tie rods.
- New Michelin Pilot Sport Tires all around, as specified by BRABUS.
THIS VEHICLE COMES WITH:
- 3" thick binder with maintenance and ownership history; including BRABUS documenting the originality of this car.
- Original owners' manuals.
- Factory tools and spare tire.
- Two keyfobs.
- Clean AutoCheck report and Florida title ready to transfer to its new owner. You will not be disappointed.
Autobahn Vault, LLC is a small family owned business. We love cars and focus our passion in quality over quantity by offering only a handful of carefully selected classics at a time. We purchase only rare, accident/rust free and low mileage vehicles which we carefully prepare with YOU in mind before we offer them for sale. We believe that an honest and caring business approach is the key to preserve the car hobby for generations to come.